Adjectives and adverbs


Adverbs

Use adjectives to describe nouns (things or people).
Use adverbs to describe verbs (how a person does something):
That was a terrible game. (adjective – describes “game”)
The team played terribly. (adverb – describes “played”)

Common adverbs:
Examples:
My grandfather drives slowly, but I drive fast.
The teacher spoke so quietly that I couldn’t hear her.
I can read English well, but I speak badly.
Evan lives dangerously. He loves radical sports.
We wrote the letter carefully so as not to make a mistake.
I opened the jar easily.
Soccer players need to eat healthily to stay in good shape.
Janet works very hard. She arrives at work early and leaves late.


Fonte: English Grammar Begginer (Espresso English)



0 comentários:

Postar um comentário

Link me



468 x 60